1. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type.
2. Verify availability of room type and rate. Track future room availability on the basis of reservations and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy.
3. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to guest. (Know the credit policy of the resort)
4. Accommodate and document special requests.
5. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. (Knows selling status, rates and benefits of all packages plan)
6. Communicate reservation information to front office
7. Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the company
8. Handles daily correspondences. Responds to inquiries and makes reservation as needed.
9. Make sure that files or folder are kept up to date
10. Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
11. Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly and helpful to guests, senior managements and fellow employees.
12. Open and close the availability as and when required of resort in all the GDS (Global Distribution System) channels, IDS (Internet Distribution Service) channels and on the resort website
13. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by in-putting the correct code and rate into the reservation system.
14. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
15. Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
16. Align working style, working practices and conduct with Ri-Yaz Hotels & Resort’s Vision, Corporate Values and Policies. To comply with The Code of Conduct at all times.
17. Be well versed and knowledgeable of Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the workplace.
18. Coordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with Brand Standards and Procedures.
19. Uphold the SNAP by demonstrating the Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow ambassadors.
20. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Ri-Yaz Hotels & Resort and Company Policies.
To summarize, it is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. It is essential that all ambassadors are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel/resort.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in any field.
- Required language(s): English, Bahasa Malaysia
- No work experience required.
- Required Skill(s): POS, PMS, COMMUNICATION
- Preferably Entry Level specialized in Sales – Telesales/Telemarketing or equivalent.